Sunday, December 14, 2008

Keep Running

Saturation is
the point where you
can't take no more
I'm not there yet
not quite

I still feel
even though I don't want to

why did you
say that to me
why did you ask
that of me
why did you do
that to me

look at me
straight at me
I want you to see
the hurt
pain
betrayed
desertion
blame
loss
falure
fault

you left me
you broke me
you made me

This is a burning heart
This is a frightened child
I am a forgotten man
I am a problem solved
I was shining
I am crying

This is a broken dream
This is a shooting gun
I am a tortured mind
I am a stupid boy
I was living
I am failing

This is a drowning soul
This is a speeding car
I am a dying man
I am a lowly fool
I was flying
I am falling

Free me from bounds, release the tension, give me the guilt, to match your blame, so I may seek remorse, to find salvation, tenfold from within, your pain will come, a hidden part of you, keep running.

Copyright Statement

(C) 2008 Graeme Watson